Tuesday 20 May 2008

Super Powers revisited

A while ago I was wondering about everyday 'Super powers' that people have, inspired largely by Gervoramas' ability to recognise quasi-TV celebrities from the late 1990's.

Since then, Ive been asking people about their own 'Super powers' and come back with some interesting results, such as:
  • Public speaking;
  • Knowing the price of every item in the supermarket;
  • Cathing / reaction time; and
  • Sense of smell (though I think this could really work against you too).

For myself, Ive discovered that Im adequate to good at a number of things (e.g. playing piano, writing cricket match summaries and procrastinating) but yet to find my own 'Super power'. It was suggested that it could be Bravado, but I dont think anything that leads to needless injury (such as testing the strength of fish and chip shop windows by being pushed into/through them) counts.

The search continues.

1 comment:

Gervy said...

Aw shucks! I am glad my superpower is inspiring someone... and I hope I keep using my power for good instead of evil. But I mightn't.

Bravado is fab superpower. Does holding down a full-time job, writing a book and maintaining 5000 friends on facebook count too? Methinks you don't sleep much.