Thursday 22 November 2007

Votin'

Firstly, it's always great to visit Australia House on the Strand and seriously recommend it to anyone who gets the chance. I always feel like Im stepping into a piece of home whenever I enter, though that may have more to do with my home being a 4 story mansion with gaudi chandeliers.

It was also comforting to find myself in the Victorian line, surrounded by (our) asians, freaks and other people of varying ethnic origin. This was particularly comforting when looking over at the stiffs in the NSW line.

Diversity. Its a wonderful thing.

Not so comforting was the old, paper-based voting system. I mean, dude, my banking is secure on-line, so why can't my vote be? I put it to the winner of this 'progressive' election to shake things up a bit. Not everyone is on-line, true, but why should those of us with modems be forced to stand in line when we could be on-line?

No comments: